I can’t get enough of these and they are constantly in rotation.
Coca Cola/Mountain Dew replacement-
- Fresh lime soda. At restaurants, soda chanh is usually the same price as regular soda (avg. 25,000VND/1.35USD)
To beat the heat-
- Fresh coconut water. Cafe Terrace serves consistently sweet coconuts (30,000VND/1.62USD). I love eating the coconut meat after sipping all the electrolyte-filled goodness. You can even get coconut as low as 5,000 VND from local carts.
Neighborhood go to drink-
- Fresh sugarcane juice with a touch of citrus (3,000VND/.16 USD)
For a Vitamin C boost-
- Fresh Passion Fruit Juice (15,000 VND/.81 USD). The store to the right of Saigon Square serves yummy passion fruit juice with the pulp and seeds. A lot of other places strain the seeds out, but I love the crunchy seeds.
For a smoothie-
- Jack Fruit Shake with Condensed Milk. The fruit shake stand behind the Lunch Lady cart has the best jack fruit shakes. (8,000 VND/.43USD)